Sunday, December 20, 2015

Learn Spanish Free- Present Tense Verb To Be Ser

Present Tense Verb To Be Ser




To say: I am You say Yo soy You are You say Tú eres
The word "yo" might be pronounced a bit different depending where you are. I can sound /eo/ or /jo/
Ser is used to identify people and things:
Yo soy estudiante. ( I am a student.)
Tú eres maestra. ( You are a teacher.)
Ser is used to express nationality:
Yo soy peruano. (I am Peruvian.)
Tú eres venezolana. ( You are Venezuelan.)
Ser is used to express personality:
Yo soy______________. ( I am______________.)
Yo soy inteligente. ( I am intelligent.)
Yo soy simpática. ( I am amusing.)
Yo soy trabajadora. ( I am a hard-working woman.) ( I am a female worker.)
Yo soy paciente. ( I am patient.)
Yo soy graciosa. ( I am funny.)
All the adjectives about myself in one sentence:
Yo soy inteligente, simpática, trabajadora, paciente y graciosa.
 NOTICE: Commas to separate the adjectives, the word "y" ( and) to join the last two words. Also the accent on the word simpática over the first letter a=á.
 To find out what you are like: You ask: ¿Cómo eres? or ¿Eres + adjective?
 ¿Eres atrevido? ( Are you generous?)
 Sí, (yo) soy atrevido. (Yes, I am adventurous, bold)
 No, (yo) no soy atrevido. (No, I am not adventurous, bold.)
 ¿Eres generosa? (Are you generous?)
 Sí, (yo) soy generosa. (Yes, I am generous)
 No, (yo) no soy generosa. (No, I am not generous.)
 ¿Eres graciosa? (Are you funny?)
 Sí, (yo) soy graciosa. (Yes, I am funny.)
 No, (yo) no soy graciosa. (No, I am not funny.)
What if I give you a choice: ¿Eres ordenado o desordenado?
 (Yo) soy ordenado. (I am organized, tidy.) (Yo) soy desordenado. ( I am disorganized, untidy.)
 Yo no soy ni ordenado o desordenado. ( I am not organized or disorganized.)
 ¿Eres deportista o artístico? (Are you athetic or artistic?)
 (Yo) soy deportista. (I am athletic.)
 (Yo) soy artístico. ( I am artistic.)
 (Yo) no soy ni deportista ni artístico. (I am not athletic or artistic.)
 ¿Eres trabajador o perezoso? (Are you hard-working or lazy?)
 (Yo) soy trabajador. (I am hard-working.) (Yo) soy perezoso. ( I am lazy.)
 (Yo) no soy ni trabajador ni perezoso. ( I am not hard-working or lazy.)
 Are there any phrases I can use with ser?
 A veces (sometimes)
 A veces soy paciente. (Sometimes, I am patient.)
 muy (very)
 (Yo) Soy muy trabajadora. ( I am a very hard-working woman.)
 bastante (quite, kind of, fairly, rather)
 (Yo) Soy bastante simpática. (I am quite amusing.)
 nunca (never)
(Yo) Nunca soy ordenada. (I am never organized/tidy.)
 siempre (always) (Yo) Siempre soy desordenada. (I am always disorganized/ untidy/ messy)

No comments: